Who Are Our School Councillors?
What Do Our School Councillors Do?
- Our School Council meets on regular basis.
- We help school make decisions by giving us feedback from children within their classes.
- Recently we introduced new treats for the class treat boxes.
- We've organised events to raise money for school to spend on improving resources around school.
- We organise events to help raise money for charity
Our Charity Events:
- 2020 saw us selling buns within our class bubbles for Macmillan Nurses. We raised a fantastic £222 for this amazing charity.
- Local Food Bank - We collected a range of food products to donate to our local food bank at harvest time.
- Our Hot Dog Sale raised £145 for the chosen charities.
- British Legion Poppy Sales - due to covid restrictions we could not sell poppies this year. Instead we sent each class instructions to make their own poppies and signposted parents to make a donation on the Royal Legion website.
- Children in Need - We raised £246 by dressing up in our pyjamas.
- Save the Children - We raised £185 by wearing our Christmas Jumpers.
- Australian Bush Fire Fund - We raised £125 for this charity to support the rescue of animals whose habitat has been destroyed in the terrible fires.
We've Introduced a New Reward System To School!
School councillors have introduced a new rewards system. We have chosen a number of prizes. To receive a prize, students need to collect stickers as rewards. The stickers are put on bookmarks, as each bookmark is filled a prize can be chosen. The rewards chosen by the School Council are as below.