Who Are Our School Councillors?
What Do Our School Councillors Do?
- Our School Council meets on a regular basis.
- We help school make decisions by giving them feedback from children within our classes.
- We introduced new treats for the class treat boxes.
- We've organised events to raise money for school to spend on improving resources around school.
- We organise events to help raise money for charity
Our Charity Events:
- In September, we raised a fantastic total of £289 by selling buns to our classes. The bun sale was to raise money for the amazing charity Macmillan Nurses.
- At harvest time, we sent out an appeal to our school community to donate food products to our local food bank. We were thrilled by the response and feel proud that we could help so many families in need.
- British Legion Poppy Sales - School council sold poppies and other merchandise at playtime. The final amount raised will be posted soon.
- Our hotdog sale raised a fantastic amount for school funds.
- Children in Need - This year we raised £258 by dressing up in our pyjamas.
- We wore our Christmas Jumpers to raise money for Save the Children's Christmas fundraiser. School Council set a competition to produce a poster to promote the event. Well done to all our fabulous entrants.
- In March, school council sold red noses in class for Red Nose Day. We sold out of noses and raised £522.57. One pupil was very pleased to find a rare, gold nose!
We've Introduced a New Reward System To School!
School councillors have introduced a new rewards system. We have chosen a number of prizes. To receive a prize, students need to collect stickers as rewards. The stickers are put on bookmarks, as each bookmark is filled a prize can be chosen. The rewards chosen by the School Council are as below.